My precious bab-bee

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

My first gynae visit

I was not able to sleep well the nite before due to anxiety, i think. Woke up few times in the middle of the nite. My mind was hovering at all directions thinking abt the outcome of my first gynae visit. Of course, the worst came to my mind. I was not able to concentrate on work either. Finally, the clock in the office struck 4:30pm. Time to make a move. I was driving quite fast from Cyberjaya all the way to Puchong toll. Imagine, it took abt 18 mins only in my small-small beloved Kancil. Reached up right on the dot to see dear and mom waiting at the doorstep. Being very familiar with the way, we reached the clinic 5 minutes before time.

It was a nice cosy clinic, first impression very good. Got myself registered and my weight and height measured, nurse told us that we need to wait. I drank abt 500ml of water right b4 i left office, so, god knows how full was my bladder 1 hour later. The nurse mentioned to have my bladder full so we can see clearer on the scanner. But this time, it was beyond full, a single movement, i think.... habis.... kencing will start dripping. I cannot tahan anymore, headed straight to the ladies. I think I spent abt 5 minutes in the toilet, so much water!!!! Gosh!!!!

Luckily the doc was still engaged with another patient, giving me some time to refill my bladder. Here I go again, another 500ml of water. 20 mins later, it was my turn already. God knows, how fast my heart beat the moment I entered the doc's office. The first question the doc asked me, "So, what are you here for?". I found the question kinda amusing, and i cheekily replied, "i'm pregnant". "obviously, if not you want have your whole family here", the doc then jokingly replied.

The rest of the hour went on quite smoothly. Doc was asking the standard questions. Based on my previous period, I could be between 8-10 weeks pregnant. Wow!!! that's long..... 2/3 of the first trimester, and i wasnt even aware of it. Hope I didnt do anything that might hurt bab-bee at that time. Then, the moment of truth, the ultrascan. It was the moment when I first saw the heart beat of bab-bee. Boy!!!! I'm really becoming a mom!!! there is a precious life inside me!!!!! The baby length was abt 1.52cm and estimated already 8 weeks inside my womb. Bab-bee's heartbeat is normal, and everything is normal. Too bad, we didnt bring our camera which just got repaired few days back. If not, we could have captured our very first ultrasound scan.

So, everything went on smoothly. Doc went on to advise on the food intake, exercise, the no-nos during pregnancy. Coming out of the clinic, I really felt a different person altogether as if I'm starting a new life. Yah, a new life and sould inside me.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home